See those products that were just delivered at your favourite grocery store? Those are probably shipped through pallets. Pallets are used to protect different products from being damaged. There are different kinds of pallets, but wood and plastic are the most common.
If you are confused as to what pallet you should use to ship and protect your products, then you have come to the right place. Today, we will be tackling the importance of using high-quality timber pallets and some of the different things that you can use when having some of your most fragile items shipped.
Timber pallets are more eco-friendly compared to plastic ones. Plastic is non-biodegradable, which means that they do not compost no matter how long it takes. Moreover, plastic can clog sewers, drains, and canals, and are therefore harmful to the environment.
Wood or timber, on the other side, is made from trees, which is a naturally renewable source. Trees grow easily, and waste is basically eliminated when trees are used to make wood pallets. Aside from those, timber pallets are also recyclable. You can reuse it after completing your shipment which also allows you to get savings on your packaging expenses.
Timber Packaging is More Affordable
Timber and wood packaging are much cheaper than plastic ones. At Aussie Crates, we offer custom timber packaging supplies at reasonable rates. Despite its inexpensive cost, wooden pallets have so many advantages since customised ones are designed specifically for the items that you are shipping.
As we have mentioned earlier, timber pallets are made of trees. Trees can easily be planted and grown, and it has been discovered that trees grow at rapid rates. This means that even if people and companies are cutting them up, they are still replaced by a lot of trees in a short amount of time.
Contrary to popular belief, timber pallets are durable and strong. People believe that wood is more susceptible to moisture and bacteria, however, this is not true. With proper storage and handling, timber pallets can last for a long time.
Timber pallets have a high strength to weight ratio that makes the handling of materials easier. It stays stiff even after numerous hours of travelling, so you can make sure that your shipments from Perth, Western Australia all the way to Brisbane will arrive completely safe and sound.
Aside from the aforementioned, all our timber boxes, pallets, crates and cases are built according to ISPM 15 (AS2400) standards. Our products are debarked and treated with heat and chemicals before they are distributed. Heat prevents bacteria and mould and thus, makes our wooden pallets stronger and more durable.
Timber pallets are actually easier to find than plastic pallets. Most manufacturers carry more wooden pallets rather than plastic ones, as the demand for the former is higher. Custom timber packaging can also easily be found, and are incredibly useful especially when it comes to shipping items that can easily be broken.
Here at Aussie Crates, we can custom design and build the timber pallets according to your specifications. This means that we can work around your budget and requirements. Whether you’re shipping machinery, livestock or fruits, we can provide you with the ideal timber packaging solution.
Wooden pallets, compared to plastic ones, definitely have more friction. This means that they can easily be transported without any worries of wear and tear.
Other Items you can Use for Shipping
Wooden pallets are not the only thing that you can use for transporting fragile shipments. There are a lot available in the market, you just have to know what you need exactly.
You can also turn to Aussie Crates for quality wooden crates. Wooden crates are used to ship huge and fragile items. There are two that you can choose from when it comes to heavy-duty shipping: plywood or wooden crates. So what are the differences between the two? Here are some of the advantages of wooden crates:
- Affordable – the production costs are simply lower than that of plywood, which makes it cheaper than plywood
- Simpler Designs – the design of wooden crates are usually simple and straightforward. It doesn’t require any special design whatsoever.
- Strong and Secure – wooden crates are strong and sturdy because they are made of heavy duty wood. Unauthorized people cannot get into them, simply because of the way they are manufactured and built.
- Easy to Stack – these are easily stackable since they are so thick and square in shape.
Cases and Boxes
As one of the leading timber packaging specialists in Perth, we also offer wooden cases and boxes for shipping. Also known as ‘lift vans’, our wooden boxes are designed and built for national and international shipment. They are ideal for storage companies and removalists who are transporting goods that do not have enough volume to fully utilise a freight container.
When you choose timber boxes from Aussie Crates, you can enjoy the following benefits:
- Secure and Durable Packaging – If you’re moving valuable items, it is important to ensure that they are secure and protected from damage during transit. Here are Aussie Crates, we design our wooden boxes in a way that your items will be safe from tampering and damages.
- Certified Quality – Our promises are not empty. When are confident to say that we offer quality timber packaging products because we are certified to do so. Aussie Crates is certified under the Australian Wood Packaging Certification Scheme (AWPCS) for the supply of AS1604 standard wood packaging and ISPM-15 compliant timber.
- Affordable Timber Boxes – Here at Aussie Crates, one of our topmost priorities is customer satisfaction. So, while we design and build high-quality timber boxes, we still keep them at reasonable rates.
When it comes to shipping, custom-made is the way to go and Aussie Crates can give the ideal packaging solution for you. Take extra precautions and have your boxes, crates, pallets, and skids custom-made today! To learn more about our timber packaging solutions, contact us at (08) 9358 1355!Let’s Talk